Who We are
The Social Circle Christian Learning Center (SCCLC) was established in December of 1997 as a Release Time Program of Christian education. Release Time Religious Education classes were declared legal through the 1952 U. S. Supreme Court case Zorach vs. Clauson as long as: no public funds are used for the program, the course is taken voluntarily with parental approval, classes are free to the students, and the class is held off the school campus. This is precisely the way in which SCCLC operates. We are a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. 100% of our support comes from donations from individuals, businesses, organizations, and churches within the community. We serve the students of Social Circle City Schools. Students are transported in SCCLC provided transportation to our facility on Alcova Rd located next to SC Middle/High School.
In April of 1998, the Social Circle Christian Learning Center received the unanimous approval of the Social Circle Board of Education to provide the opportunity for Christian education to the students of Social Circle High School. In the fall of 1998 we began with one 7:00 am pilot class to assess student/parent interest and have since expanded in response to stakeholder requests to a full load of six classes (three high school classes and three middle school classes). During the 2005-2006 school year, the Christian Learning Center relocated to its new facility and successfully completed SACS accreditation. With God’s provision and support from the local community, SCCLC now offers a full schedule of classes to Social Circle High School and Middle School students.
"We exist to provide the opportunity through Christian Education for students to discover God's plan and purpose for their lives."
Statement of Faith and Core Values
The Social Circle Christian Learning Center believes…
1. …the Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God, without error in the original manuscripts.
2. …God is the only true living God, existing eternally as three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that these three are one God, having the same divine attributes.
3. …man, originally created in the image of God, fell through sin into spiritual death. This death has been transmitted to the entire human race, with Jesus Christ the only exception.
4. …Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, came into this world to redeem it from sin. Virgin-born and sinless, He died on the cross to take away the penalty of our sin, after which He arose from the dead and ascended into Heaven. He shall return to judge the living and the dead.
5. …all men are lost until saved by their own personal faith in the finished work on the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ.
We are a non-denominational organization and therefore submit to the authority of the Holy Scriptures and not any one denomination.
1. Because Jesus Christ is supreme over all creation and history, we will give Him first place in every subject and in the life of each person.
2. Because the Bible is God’s guide for our faith and life, we will follow the direction of God’s word for the spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development of each person.
3. Because every student is created in God’s image, we will educate in a manner that affirms and honors individuals.
4. Because Christ-centered education is for Christ-centered living, we will challenge students to think critically from a Christian life and world view.
5. Because God desires a personal relationship with individuals, we will teach our students to know, enjoy and respect the God of creation and redemption.